The Mediterranean Mess
Bringing the Mediterranean to travel-hungry Melburnians with the flavours of tomato, bread, feta and olives wrapped up in a petit-four! Designed for the oven, cherry tomato jam melts over warmed feta atop a toasted crouton base with hints of crushed dehydrated olives. Sitting beneath it, our par-baked puff pastry pillow; a buttery and flakey vessel to capture the flavours.
This limited edition range is designed for those cold wintery days, to be enjoyed warm, in the comfort of your own home.
Featured cheeseSheep and goat’s milk, Greek feta.
FeedsUp to two.
Delivery: deliveries take place between 11am–4pm on the days nominated above with a courtesy call 30 minutes prior. For more information about delivery and a list of the areas we service click on the delivery tab below.
Dimensions: 3cm diameter and approximately 6cm high.
Subject to availability: in the seasons where availability of this cheese is limited, we will replace it with a cheese of the same quality.
Ingredients: feta cheese (pasteurised sheep’s and goat’s milk, salt, starter culture, rennet), cherry tomato jam (cherry tomato, onion, sugar, water, pectin, lemon, white balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, citric acid, vegetable oil) crumb base (butter, wheat flour, oregano, onion, garlic, pepper, olive oil, salt, yeast) pitted black olives dehydrated, puff pastry (wheat flour, water, margarine, emulsifiers, antioxidant, natural flavour, salt).
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees;
2. Line a baking dish with foil or baking paper;
3. Place puff pastry pillow in the centre of your chosen dish;
4. Gently lift the wrapped petit-four cheese from its base and out of the box;
5. Remove the sticker and the clear wrapping, then insert cheese into the pastry;
6. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is warmed to your liking;
7. Allow to cool slightly before eating so it’s at a safe eating temperature; and
8. Dig in with your chosen utensils and bon appetit!