The Jarlsberg Crumble
Our take on rhubarb crumble with a nostalgic twist of Jarlsberg cheese. Designed to go into the oven, the rhubarb jam and crumble latch on to the melting cheese. Sitting beneath it, our par-baked puff pastry pillow; a buttery and flakey vessel to scoop up the gooey delectable mess.
This limited edition range is designed for those cold wintery days, to be enjoyed warm, in the comfort of your own home.
Featured cheeseCow’s milk, Irish Jarlsberg.
FeedsUp to two.
Delivery: deliveries take place between 11am–4pm on the days nominated above with a courtesy call 30 minutes prior. For more information about delivery and a list of the areas we service click on the delivery tab below.
Dimensions: 3cm diameter and approximately 6cm high.
Subject to availability: in the seasons where availability of this cheese is limited, we will replace it with a cheese of the same quality.
Ingredients: Jarlsberg cheese (pasteurised cow’s milk, bacterial cultures, salt and microbial rennet), rhubarb paste (rhubarb, sugar, water, pectin, lemon, citric acid, vegetable oil, cinnamon), crumble, (butter, wholegrain organic oats, wheat, wholegrain barley, spelt, rye flour, sugar, milk solids, raising agents, emulsifiers and salt), puff pastry (wheat flour, water, margarine, emulsifiers, antioxidant, natural flavour, salt), pistachio nuts, rose petals.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees;
2. Line a baking dish with foil or baking paper;
3. Place puff pastry pillow in the centre of your chosen dish.;
4. Gently lift the wrapped petit-four cheese from its base and out of the box.;
5. Remove the sticker and the clear wrapping, then insert cheese into the pastry;
6. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking;
7. Allow to cool slightly before eating so it’s at a safe eating temperature.; and
8. Dig in with your chosen utensils and bon appetit!